Search This Blog

Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my weather blog. Be sure to check it every so often, because I'll have a synopsis of what all forecasting services are saying for the next big event. Please leave a comment if you would like anything added or expanded on.

Are you ready for the 2011 Hurricane season?

Monday, March 1, 2010

March 2-3, 2010 Storm Prediction


The radar this evening for the impending storm is look quite impressive and strong along the gulf coast. I have a feeling that tomorrow morning we will have a better handle on this system in terms of its intensity and whether rain will be mixing in (or even be the predominate rain type). With the data I've seen so far, I feel confident will see some snow tomorrow night into Wednesday, possibly enough to warrant a Winter Weather Advisory for Metro Richmond. I expect Winter Storm Warnings to go up for southeast Virginia tonight or into tomorrow morning. I'm definitely more bullish on southeast Virginia getting hammered on this storm system.

Richmond: 3-4"

Alexandria: T-1"
Blacksburg: 1-2"
Charlottesville: T-1"
Franklin: 7-8"
Norfolk: 4-5"
Roanoke:1-2"
Suffolk: 7-8"
Virginia Beach: 3-4"

3 comments:

  1. No way anywhere east of a line from Williamsburg to Wakefield to Franklin sees any more than 2 inches tops. Temps will be too warm. Maybe some ice accum (.10-.25") MAYBE, by for snow, nowhere close to 6"+

    Thing is, they will have all the precip, but be too warm (mainly aloft), and we will have colder temps (30-32ish), but less precip...It's a lose-lose scenario I think...I could bust big time (and hope I do), but I gotta go with my gut...So, no big "ballsack" of snow for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1" here guys, gonna be a lame ass storm. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I busted on this forecast. Only about 0.1 inches of accumulation here in Church Hill prior to midnight. I have a few pictures from the event that I'll post soon.

    ReplyDelete