Search This Blog

Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my weather blog. Be sure to check it every so often, because I'll have a synopsis of what all forecasting services are saying for the next big event. Please leave a comment if you would like anything added or expanded on.

Are you ready for the 2011 Hurricane season?

Monday, March 1, 2010

Forecast for March 2nd-3rd Storm (Russ' Take)

With some models predicting 18-24 for Hampton Roads...I dunno...I say .25" of rain, then 2-5" of slushy snow for Metro RIC, more snow west of downtown (like me in Woodlake :-D)...JD seems to think temps will not fall below 32*. If that's true, then 1-3" total. If temps fall faster and get to around 28-30, then 3-5" for us. I don't think Eastern VA will see any accumulating snow, just rain, with wet snow mixed in at times... maybe a slushy .25". So, my official forecast as of NOW is light rain by 2-4pm Tuesday, then mix by 6-8pm, then snow by 8-11pm. Temps will fall from 41 to 36ish by precip onset, then slowly fall to 32 and hover at 32 all night. I could be wrong and hope I am, but it doesn't look good for big snow...

Ryan? Your forecast?

No comments:

Post a Comment