Search This Blog

Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my weather blog. Be sure to check it every so often, because I'll have a synopsis of what all forecasting services are saying for the next big event. Please leave a comment if you would like anything added or expanded on.

Are you ready for the 2011 Hurricane season?

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

January 25, 2010 Winter Storm: Church Hill Perspective

I had the chance to analyze some of my data from my Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station for the winter storm Richmond experienced on January 30, 2010.

Lowest pressure reading: 1014.42 hPa
Lowest temperature reading: 12.8 Degrees Farenheit (Morning of 1/31/2010)
Total Snowfall: 12.25"

To date, the lowest pressure reading for this storm was not substantial. My current record for the lowest barometric pressure reading goes to a storm that passed by on April 3, 2009 (987.80 hPa) This storm however marked a new record low for my observation site. This was also the largest snowfall recorded at my location since living in Church Hill (since November 2007).

Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment